The treatment of any disease is accompanied by the patient's search for answers to questions about lifestyle, nutrition and medications. The success of all therapy depends on this.
To get rid of such a common disease as pathological varicose veins, you need to know what you can and cannot do with varicose veins. Some restrictions will allow the patient to quickly get rid of the pathology and exclude a relapse.
The main methods to treat varicose veins
After visiting a phlebologist, the patient will receive a series of recommendations on their treatment.
The following medications may be prescribed:
- Venotonic and angioprotective agents;
- Ointments and gels - used as a complex treatment, as well as to eliminate mild manifestations in the form of spider veins;
- Steroid anti-inflammatory drugs, external forms of drugs based on them are necessary for the treatment of advanced forms of varicose veins;
- NSAIDs: to relieve pain and relieve inflammation in phlebitis;
- For venous thrombosis, medications are prescribed that prevent blood clotting and dissolve existing blood clots.
Unfortunately, medication is not always enough. In advanced stages, the doctor may suggest considering the possibility of surgical treatment. The removal of the affected vein is one of the types of surgery. This difficult operation is sometimes the only way to get rid of the pathology. Minimally invasive techniques include sclerotherapy and laser exposure to blood vessels.
Since varicose veins involve an increase in the diameter of the vascular branches, their mechanical compression significantly improves the well-being of patients. All patients must wear compression stockings. It is selected by a doctor based on the stage of the disease. Also, the doctor may recommend exercise therapy, massage, and physical therapy procedures.
What can you do at home?
Varicose veins are often accompanied by swelling and pain in the legs at night. You can quickly get rid of symptoms. You need to lie on your back, lift your legs above body level (you can lean on the edge of a chair or sofa). You must stay in this position for at least 20 minutes. You should perform the exercise daily if varicose veins are detected and suspected.
To improve blood flow, you can "bike" lying on your back for 1 minute, 3 sets. To activate the work of the calf muscles, the veins in the legs will allow walking on the toes. This allows you to roll from the heel to the toes.
Other exercises for varicose veins:
- bend the toes and arms at the same time
- flexion / extension of the foot,
- stop the rotation,
- alternating knee raises towards the body,
- walking on the outer and inner surface of the feet.
Walk every day to lose weight without damaging your veins. The distance should be increased gradually. It is best to start with a short distance, which will take a maximum of 15 minutes at a slow pace. For the walk it is advisable to prepare comfortable shoes, water and compression garments. You should not be dehydrated, so carry a small bottle of water with you.
It is important to remember that walking without a varicose jersey can make the disease worse. Sports clothing and shoes should not impede movement, as well as pull on the skin with rubber bands.
If you have a treadmill at home, you can set a distance of 1 km at a pace of no more than 5 km / h with no incline. During the first week, it is better not to increase the load. When you are confident in your abilities, you should slightly lengthen the distance.
Traditional methods of treating varicose veins
Traditional medicine can be used to treat varicose veins. They are safer than drugs, but still require prior consultation with your doctor.
- Rinse the Kalanchoe leaves, chop, pour into a glass container with a capacity of 500 ml. Half a jar or bottle should be filled. The remaining space must be filled with vodka. Remove the infusion in a dark place for 1 week. Shake the solution periodically. After a week, you can use a healing infusion to clean the areas affected with varicose veins.
- 50 g of horse chestnut flowers should be poured with 500 ml of vodka, infused for 2 weeks. The resulting solution should be drunk 30 drops 3 times before meals. The course of treatment is 1 month.
- Squeeze the juice from fresh potatoes, moisten a bandage of natural fibers with it, apply a bandage to varicose veins at night.
- Buttermilk night compresses.
- Pour white acacia flowers into a bottle, fill with vodka to the brim, insist. The solution should be used to treat inflamed varicose veins.
- In the same way, an infusion of birch buds is prepared. It will take 10 days for the solution to become saturated with useful substances.
- Foot ointment: take 10 grams of crushed chamomile flowers, the same amount of sage leaves, 50 g of chestnut (previously crushed), 5 g of common starch. Mix everything, add 200 grams of heated chicken fat. The resulting mass must be heated in a water bath for 2, 5 hours. After that, it is necessary to cool everything down and let it sit overnight. The ointment can be used several times a day to overcome varicose veins for a long time.
It is important to remember that traditional methods of treatment only work in combination with traditional medicine. Lifestyle changes and weight loss may be required.
What is prohibited for varicose veins?
There are a number of restrictions on the identified disease. First of all, you should avoid lifting heavy objects. This also applies to those who wish to practice sports related to power loads. In this case, aggravation of the condition is possible.
Girls with varicose veins cannot use the following types of cosmetic procedures:
- shugaring, hot waxing;
- types of enzymatic and quantum hair removal;
- pluck the hairs with tweezers;
- hot wraps in the SPA, it is better to replace them with whirlpools or cold wraps;
- tattoo in the area of the affected veins.
Since varicose veins can be found anywhere on the body, including the small pelvis, women should not miscarry. This can be dangerous due to the high risk of bleeding.
If varicose veins are treated at home, then you should exclude the procedures associated with warming the extremities: hot compresses, baths. It is better to use a massage with tinctures, a contrast shower.
Fitness monitors will have to give up some exercises: jump rope, squat with a load, long run, aerobics, modeling, cycling, dancing. Walking and swimming are helpful.
Cosmetic massage can also be harmful for varicose veins. During the procedure, the redistribution of blood flow to other veins and their participation in the pathological process is possible. Therefore, massage courses should be carried out only in a medical institution after medical appointments.
The diet for varicose veins excludes foods high in animal fats, spicy and salty foods, vinegar, and large amounts of coffee. You must follow a rational and balanced diet, which you can choose together with a nutritionist based on your anthropometric data.