For varicose veins in the legs, most people use home treatment. Violation of vascular permeability occurs in almost all people. This is due to the special vertical position of the body, which is not inherent in any other mammal. Blood can not overcome the force of gravity and move through the vessels smoothly, from which stagnant processes occur, the walls swell and protrude through the skin.
Treating varicose veins with folk remedies at home allows you to quickly get rid of the manifestations of the disease, but only if we are talking about the initial stages. When the disease progresses and blood clots form in the veins, surgery is necessary. Diets, wraps, ointments and exercise are used for self-treatment.
Tinctures for internal use
Varicose veins are an internal problem associated with poor permeability of blood vessels. The venous reticulum and protruding veins are external manifestations. It is necessary to fight the disease, first of all, from the inside, to restore blood circulation and restore the tone and elasticity of the walls of blood vessels.
The tincture based on nutmeg is an effective remedy for the treatment of varicose veins, it is used as a remedy for internal administration. Cooking recipe: various nutmegs are ground into powder (you can use a coffee grinder or meat grinder) and mixed in 200 ml of boiled water. 1 tsp is added. honey, mix well. Before use, you need to insist on the drink for 30 minutes. Have a glass 60 minutes before breakfast and a few hours after breakfast. The admission course is one year. The first results will be visible in a month.
Nutmeg relieves pain in the lower extremities, removes edema and helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.The remedy is recommended for use in the presence of ulcerative formations of a trophic nature, it promotes their faster healing. Nutmeg is very toxic and must be eaten with care. Allowed amount: no more than 1 teaspoon. chopped walnut (without lid).
You can treat leg varicose veins with Datura seeds. This is a medicinal herb that helps to eliminate ischemic disease, pathologies of the heart muscle, used for varicose veins, heart attack and other ailments associated with impaired blood circulation. Datura should be used very carefully - the plant has increased toxicity and has a number of contraindications.
Recipe: Datura seeds (70-90 g) are ground in a coffee grinder and poured with 40% vol vodka. (half liter). The liquid should stand for 14 days in a dark place. Shake the container every day. The first intake of tincture is no more than 15 drops, which are added to 100 ml of water. Consume 30 minutes before lunch time. The dose is increased every day from 2 drops to 25 drops. This amount of tincture should be taken for 30 days. If pain occurs after taking Datura, the dose should be reduced.
Horse chestnut tincture is one of the most popular remedies used to treat varicose veins at home. Tincture recipe: 50 g of dried and crushed horse chestnut inflorescences are poured into a half-liter bottle with alcohol. Insist 2 weeks, filter. It is recommended to consume 1 tablespoon daily. l. tinctures before main meals. The course is 7 days, followed by a two week break, then you can repeat it.
To cure varicose veins at home in the presence of plaques that have blocked the lumen of the blood vessels, you can use a tincture based on lemon juice and garlic. Preparation method: 4 heads of garlic and 4 lemons with skin are minced in a meat grinder. The resulting mass is folded into a three-liter jar and poured over the neck with hot (boiled) water. It is necessary to insist 3 days, strain. Store in a cool place. Take half a glass with main meals or immediately after meals. You must prepare a new portion of tincture every 10 days. On average, 12 liters of tincture will be needed for the entire course of treatment. With the manifestation of pain from taking the drug, the dose is reduced to 1 tbsp. l.
Before getting rid of varicose veins at home using herbal decoctions, you need to make sure that there are no allergic reactions to certain plants that are used in the recipe.
If no allergies are identified, the following recipes can be prepared:
- Hazelnut and arnica root decoction: mix the chopped ingredients in equal proportions and pour into a jar with 600 ml of boiled water. Infuse the broth for 12 hours. Take a third of a glass a day.
- Decoction of hops - 1 tbsp. l. the crushed product is poured into a glass of boiling water and languishes in a water bath for 15 minutes. Drink before every meal.
- Chop 250 g of garlic in mush, add 350 g of liquid honey. Take 1 tablespoon half an hour before meals. l. installations.
Fresh juices for the vascular system
The basic rule in the treatment of varicose veins is the daily use of freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices and their combinations. Carrots, spinach, turnips, and beets are most effective:
- Freshly squeezed spinach juices (obtained from the leaves) and carrots are mixed in a ratio of 10: 6. You need to drink a glass every day at any time. Spinach is rich in vitamins C and A, which have a beneficial effect on the circulatory system, strengthening the walls of blood vessels and preventing the appearance of cholesterol plaques.
- Beet, spinach and carrot juices are mixed in ratios of 3 to 3 to 10. They remove excess fluid from the body, relieving soft tissue swelling. Beets stabilize blood pressure, activating the blood circulation process and preventing stagnation of blood vessels.
- Carrots (7 parts), celery (4), spinach (3) and parsley (2). The latter restores the elasticity of the blood vessel walls. Celery helps remove toxins from the body. Such a mixture of juices helps to cleanse the blood vessels of calcium accumulation, preventing the development of atherosclerosis.
- Mix turnip, watercress and spinach juice in 2: 4: 2 proportions. The metabolism process in soft tissues is activated, the liquid is used as a prophylactic agent against the risk of developing hypertension.
Wrap and compress
Treatment of varicose veins at home can be carried out with the help of wraps and compresses, which have a therapeutic effect, reducing the manifestation of the disease and relieving pain in the lower extremities.
You can use simple recipes:
- Compress from drug seed tincture: 25 drops of the product are diluted in 100 ml of hot water. Cotton soaked in liquid is applied to the swollen veins, wrapped in cling film or a bag, and fixed over it with a cloth, bandage, or gauze. With a large area of skin damage, using a compress, you need to listen carefully to your condition. At the first manifestations of the sensation of intoxication, the number of drops of tincture should be reduced.
- The easiest way is to use green tomatoes. Vegetables are cut in half and in the places of the cuts are applied to the legs, fixed with bandages. This should be done before going to bed, in the morning the compress is removed. The course of use is one year. In a month, the pain syndrome will disappear, in a year the lumps on the legs will disappear.
It is necessary to treat varicose veins on the legs at home not only with the help of decoctions and tinctures, but also with physiotherapy exercises, performing simple exercises. In women, varicose veins are much more common, which is associated with pregnancy and childbirth, wearing heels, and physiological characteristics. For them, exercise therapy should become a healthy daily habit.
The following exercises will be of great help:
- Perform seated, with your legs extended forward and your hands resting on the floor with your palms. One leg bends at the knee, goes up and down slowly. Perform 15 approaches each, changing legs.
- Legs shoulder-width apart, arms straight, extended in front of the body. Perform 15-20 squats, the knees should not go beyond the line of the fingers.
- Squat with support: You need a chair with a back. You should stand behind your back and support it with your hands. Legs are slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Perform slow, deep squats, each time stopping at the bottom for 2-3 seconds. The number of executions is 25 to 30.
- Position: standing on the toes, with a sharp descent to a full foot. Then again stretching the legs over the toes. Perform 30 times.
- Birch is a simple exercise that everyone knows from physical education lessons. You must be in this position for at least one minute. Perform several times a day. Birch helps to normalize blood circulation in the lower extremities, relieves swelling, tired legs syndrome and pain.
Herbal preparations can be used to prepare ointments that can help treat and reduce the appearance of varicose veins. The main component of ointments, which is used for the preparation of local agents, is horse chestnut.
For the ointment, you need a chestnut tincture, which you can prepare yourself or buy ready-made. Before treating varicose veins at home with the help of traditional medicine, a consultation with a doctor is required, since various complications are possible if one or another drug is used incorrectly.
To reduce the number of blood clots, drugs are used to thin the blood, such as garlic preparations.
To make a garlic ointment, grind several cloves of a vegetable and mix them with butter, in a ratio of 1 to 2. Then simmer in a water bath until the oil dissolves completely. The product is applied to areas with pronounced veins at night. Cover the top with wax or parchment paper and bandage. In the morning, wash off the ointment with water without the use of cosmetics and put on your socks.
Kalanchoe tincture is used as a topical preparation to reduce the manifestations of varicose veins in the lower extremities. It is required to rub the tincture into the skin of the legs with massage movements before going to bed. The course of treatment is 1 to 6 months, depending on the severity of the symptomatic picture.
Water and cognac
Treating varicose veins on the legs at home with traditional medicine means the correct drinking regimen. The more water you drink per day, the better it is for your body. You need to use boiled water or bottled purified water. What are the beneficial properties of water for varicose veins? It has a cleansing effect, helping to remove waste products and toxins from the body.
Cognac is a tasty and healthy drink that will help treat varicose veins at home. Under the conditions of using a small amount of high-quality cognac in small portions, the risk of developing hypertension will decrease, the blood circulation process improves, and cholesterol plaques dissolve.
How to cure varicose veins with cognac? Every day, on an empty stomach, it is not necessary to drink more than 50 g of good brandy and eat an apple, whole, along with the seeds. After 30 minutes, you can eat.
Cognac can be used as a remedy for varicose veins only if there is no alcohol dependence or hereditary predisposition to it.
Varicose veins are not only a cosmetic defect, but also a serious disease that requires treatment and adherence to preventive measures to prevent their further development. When using traditional medicine methods, it is necessary to change the diet. Excess weight, the use of low-quality food contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques and thrombosis. The diet should include a large amount of vegetables, grains, lean meats, and fish. Potatoes, pasta, flour products, sweets, carbonated drinks and spices can only be used in limited quantities or be excluded altogether.
Of beverages, preference should be given to fruit juices, vegetable juices and rosehip decoction. Tea and coffee are available in very small quantities. To achieve the fastest effect, it is necessary to abandon bad habits such as smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.
Women should limit the amount of time they spend in high heels by wearing more flats. It is recommended to wear compression stockings or tight bandage of the legs with elastic bandages. A passive lifestyle also plays an important role in the formation of varicose veins. Sports should be regular, but it is worth considering the fact that not all types of physical activity are suitable for people with varicose veins. For example, aerobic steps, which involve taking rhythmic steps at a rapid pace, can make the disease worse. Before choosing the type of physical activity and methods of traditional medicine, it is necessary to consult with your doctor. In the advanced stage of the disease, surgical intervention is required.