From the article you will learn the characteristics of the use of folk remedies in the treatment of varicose veins, recipes for infusions, compresses, ointments, methods to prevent pathologies.
RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
The treatment of varicose veins in the legs with home remedies depends on compliance with a series of rules:
- in the first days of therapy, you should start taking homemade products with a dose that is half of that prescribed in the prescription (adaptation period);
- when choosing a treatment method, priority is given to folk remedies made with herbs that grow in your area (this improves the tolerance of medicinal infusions, decoctions, compresses);
- any substance included in the popular recipe is capable of sensitizing the body;
- the appearance of side effects requires the interruption of treatment;
- if poisonous substances are used in the treatment, it is necessary to consult a doctor and use caution;
- home remedy therapy takes a long time;
- herbs and plants are used as part of a complex therapy.
Following the recommendations will maintain the health and longevity of patients.
HOW TO TREAT VARICOSIS AT HOME
Traditional methods of treating varicose veins can be very different. The correct choice of the method of therapy ensures its effectiveness. The most popular are the following:
- legs raised above the head during rest, that is, above the level of the heart, which blocks the accumulation of blood in the lower extremities, ensures its rapid return to the heart and reduces the load onveins (ideally, this "exercise" during any break from housework);
- yoga - sitting against the wall, leaning on your back, try to lift your legs at a 45-degree angle and hold them there for three minutes;
- one of the most popular remedies for the treatment of varicose veins - horse chestnut, which improves the elasticity of the vascular wall and the valve apparatus of the veins, take a glass of infusion twice a day, the courseit is 3 months, then the dose is reduced to a single dose;
- Treating varicose veins with home remedies is also possible with the help of Asiantic Centella, which strengthens the vessels and connective tissue around it;
- lemon peel, which contains rutin, prevents bleeding from the capillaries;
- vitamins C and flavonoids work in the same way: 500 mg of ascorbic acid and 250 mg of flavonoids / day;
- Proanthocyanidins reduce the risk of bleeding with varicose veins, found in cranberries, lingonberries, gooseberries, green tea, and dietary supplements - take up to 300 mg / day;
- effective treatment of varicose veins - contrast shower: during 3 minutes of hot and cold jets, the glasses harden (they always end with a cold jet);
- elastic stockings reduce leg swelling, compression stockings - due to their shape, correct blood flow to the heart;
- an active lifestyle is an effective alternative treatment method for varicose veins (walking is a valuable exercise for the legs, as each step causes the muscles to contract, which act on the veins, and the blood to rise);
- it is not recommended to keep the legs crossed, as this impedes venous blood flow;
- massage of the lower extremities stimulates blood circulation (from heels to thighs);
- for the treatment of varicose veins, tea with oak bark or witch hazel is used;
- Regular bowel movements with varicose veins are required, as constipation blocks blood flow and increases blood pressure in the lower extremities (the problem of a balanced diet with a high fiber content is solved).
In addition, varicose veins are treated with home remedies in other ways, using specific herbs and medicinal products. The methods have no gender differences, they are effective for men and women alike.
DYES AND NATURALS
Since alcohol is the main ingredient in all tinctures, the method is not safe. If the integrity of the skin of the legs is violated, it is not suitable. Herbs are rich in flavonoids, vitamins that prevent blood clots and, when used in tincture form, are effective.
Datura seed tincture. 100 g of seeds are ground in a coffee grinder, poured with half a liter of alcohol, left in the dark for 14 days, stirring daily. Store in the dark and cool. Take according to the scheme: on the first day: once, half an hour before a meal, 15 drops in half a glass of water, then daily the dose is increased by a couple of drops to 25. Drink for a month. The improvement occurs after three courses.
horse chestnut tinctureis effective for the treatment of varicose veins. 50 g of vegetable flowers are poured with half a liter of vodka, insisted for two weeks, stirring the mixture every day. Filter, drink with large spoons three times a day with water. Course - one week, break - two, repeat.
Kalanchoe tincturefor varicose veins is prepared according to the same principles, sometimes white acacia or comfrey flowers are added to the herb. Previously, the leaves of the plant are cut and placed in the cold for 5 days. Then all the same manipulations are carried out. Strain before use, apply externally, rubbing into the affected area twice a day for three months.
Well stimulates the tone of the blood vessels, cleans themgarlic infusion: chop the unpeeled lemons and the garlic heads in equal proportions, pour three liters of water over the dough, let it restfor three days, stirring the mixture daily. The solution is filtered and kept cold. The agent is taken in 100 ml with meals three times a day. The course requires 4 cans of three liters of said infusion (prepared every ten days). Repetition is possible twice a year.
Effective treatment of varicose veins with plants, herbs and other folk remedies at home is possible in the form of compresses.Soda, clay, potatoes are often used.If it is enough to dissolve the clay and soda in water and soak the gauze folded in several layers with the solution, then to use the potatoes, it is necessary to peel and grind several tubers, apply the mixture directly to the problem area, covering it with a compress. Keep the compress for 4 hours.
The compress can be made fromtomatoes- natural pain relievers and venotonics. The course of therapy is three weeks, a break is a week, and a repetition. It is not necessary to chop the tomatoes; They apply the vegetable halves to the problem area until a burning sensation occurs. Then the tomato is removed, the skin is washed, dried with a cloth.
When treating varicose veins, thecabbage leavesare used in the form of a compress: each leaf is spread with a roller, one side is lubricated with vegetable oil and applied in the place of thevaricose inflammation. The upper part is fixed with a bandage for a day. Course - month.
Compress made ofginger: the root is crushed, mixed with honey, applied to the problem area for 3 hours, a bandage and warm stockings are placed on top.
Compress ofviburnumfor varicose veins: fresh berries should be crushed, put the mixture on a napkin and apply to the inflamed skin area, secure with a bandage. It is better to leave this compress overnight.
Honey treatment is even easier: a layer of honey is applied on a napkin and applied to the problem area. Top: polyethylene and bandage. On the first day, the compress is kept on the leg for 2 hours, on the second - 3, on the third - 4, and then, it is left overnight. The duration of the course is 3 weeks.
The treatment of varicose veins with effective home remedies in the form of rubbing is very convenient. As a rule, they are always at hand. For example, apple cider vinegar strengthens the walls of the blood vessels, tones the valves and relieves the pastiness.It is very important to make your own vinegar since the store does not sell 100% natural. Vinegar is used to clean problem areas, it is not necessary to wash it, so doctors recommend doing these procedures at night, before going to bed.
The ingestion of apple cider vinegar is limited, the remedy is contraindicated for:
- digestive system pathology;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- liver and kidney pathologies.
To rub, you can uselemon juice, rubbing the varicose veins with slices. Citrus is an excellent tonic, it is used as a compress for a day, and it is drunk as juice, adding to tea, coffee, whoever likes it.
Along with apple cider vinegar,essential oilsare used in the treatment of varicose veins in popular forms: castor, black cumin, sandalwood, garlic, flax, and others. There are two ways to use it:
- a few drops of different ether are added to a bath with lukewarm water and taken at night, before going to bed;
- uses oil in a massage cream that strengthens veins and soothes pasty legs.
melonis used to treat varicose veins. With the internal pulp, previously free of seeds, you should completely rub the area of the leg with problem veins, wrap it with something warm for the night. The action of the melon is a gentle and long-lasting treatment.
In treating varicose veins with home remedies, medicinal drinks are generally very popular.The most effective are sea buckthorn juice, chokeberry, grapes, gooseberries, lingonberries, and cranberry fruit drinks.The ideal drink is compote. But it is equally important to correctly calculate the drinking regimen for varicose veins, since water is an integral part of the blood plasma, and its lack leads to an increase in the viscosity of the biological fluid, provokes thrombosis and thrombophlebitis.
In case of varicose veins, it is better to drink activated or live water, which tones the body, strengthens the immune system and enhances the regeneration processes. Living water is water with a negative oxidation-reduction potential (ORP).
For the preparation of this water at home, there are special devices that are capable of separating it into fractions. The water located at the anode has a positive potential; this is "dead water", and living water with negative oxidation properties accumulates near the cathode.
They drink living water, wash their faces, prepare food, water flowers. Dead water heals wounds, as it disinfects them, preventing a secondary infection, pyoderma.
In addition to water, it treats varicose veins and cognac, which in minimal doses improves blood circulation. Foreign scientists claim that the use of cognac according to a certain scheme reduces mortality from cardiovascular disease by 34% and increases life expectancy by an average of 3. 8 years. The regimen is simple: 50 g of cognac on an empty stomach in the morning with an apple, consumed whole, along with the seeds. You can have breakfast in half an hour.
This treatment scheme for varicose veins is an excellent prevention of cardiovascular diseases in healthy people, but it must be taken into account that alcohol irritates the mucous membranes of the digestive system, can cause erosive processes and, in general, many can acquiredependence on alcohol in this way. Therefore, each treatment regimen for varicose veins with any folk remedy must be agreed with the doctor.
50 g of cognac is the daily maximum, which does not produce an intoxicating effect, but is completely eliminated from the body. All of the above can be harmful to health. In general, this equates to 30 grams of ethanol, which the body itself produces every day.
Popular in the treatment of varicose veins andnutmegdue to its ability to stimulate blood circulation and relieve vein inflammation. Prepare the medicine as follows: grind the whole walnuts in a coffee grinder, pour the powder with a glass of boiling water, cool, add honey, leave for 20 minutes and drink on an empty stomach, before breakfast.
gingerfor varicose veins can be used as a tea that relieves inflammation at any stage of the process. Cooking is very simple: pour a small piece of ginger with boiling water, insist for 15 minutes and drink. In addition to normalizing blood circulation, the drink has a beneficial effect on metabolism.
Kalinaingested is essentially a juice mixed with honey (a tablespoon of honey in a glass of juice). It should be drunk 4 times a day, two tablespoons for 1, 5 months.
Treating varicose veins with vegetable juices gives good results. The juices are quickly absorbed, within ten minutes, saturating the body with useful substances: minerals, vitamins, strengthening the vascular wall, improving blood flow and preventing the formation of thrombi. Most popular:
- carrot juice with spinach leaves (10: 6): a source of routine, which prevents vascular fragility, restores the valve apparatus and oxalic acid, prevents the deposition of lime on the walls of the veins, maintains the elasticity of blood vessels, eliminates free radicals;
- celery - antioxidant, detoxifying, stimulates lipolysis, has diuretic properties, is added to carrots and spinach 50-50;
- a mixture of spinach and carrot and beet juices (10: 3: 3) replenishes the daily supply of minerals, normalizes blood pressure, relieves pastiness (beets stimulate blood formation, increase hemoglobin);
- if you add parsley to the juice of carrots, spinach and celery (7: 3: 4: 2), this will help to strengthen the walls of the veins and stop the swelling;
- turnip juice - a source of calcium, potassium, magnesium;
- watercress leaves contain sulfur, chlorine, iron, sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium which, in combination with turnip and spinach, detoxifies the blood, thins it, prevents thrombosis and thrombophlebitis;
Juices are prepared immediately before drinking, drink a glass twice a day.
Varicose veins are well controlled with vegetable oil based ointments. Olive is given priority due to the presence of arachidonic acid in it, which can restore the structure of the veins. Density is created by adding animal fat, increasing efficiency by including wormwood, willow bark, wood lice, celandine and calendula in the composition. The finished liniment is applied at night to problem areas, and in the morning it is washed off with warm water.
Horse chestnut ointmentcontains glycosides that increase capillary permeability, improve blood circulation, and relieve inflammation. For cooking, take 6 chestnut nuts, 2 tablespoons of flowers, grind everything in a blender, pour the mass with vegetable oil (1: 10), insist in the dark for 10 days. Then the resulting ointment is boiled for 40 minutes, cooled and stored in the refrigerator. The resulting composition is lubricated with sore areas 2 times a day.
Adam's apple ointmentis shown in the early stages of varicose veins: a layer of 15 mm lard is placed in a glass jar, 10 mm of maclura fruit is placed inthe top, then a layer of lard is put back on, and so on, up to the top (the last layer - lard). The jar is placed in a steam bath or oven for a day (it should not boil), filtered, cooled and rubbed several times a day into problem areas.
As prevention of varicose veins, use:
- fragrant rue infusion: 50 g of herbs, a glass of vodka, insist for two weeks, take 15 drops before meals, wash with water;
- buckwheat is good for strengthening blood vessels: a tablespoon of cereal, crushed into powder, is taken daily with water; Nettle infusion
- improves blood flow: two tablespoons of leaves in a glass of boiling water, take one tablespoon twice a day, for 14 days.
Self-medication is not recommended, varicose veins require the advice of a specialist, working out individual treatment tactics.