One of the components of the medical and preventive complex for varicose veins is gymnastics. It consists of simple basic exercises, the implementation of which helps to stabilize the functionality of the vascular system and improve overall health. Daily gymnastics for varicose veins in the legs is effective for any form of pathology and at any stage of treatment.
Gymnastics basics for varicose veins
One of the factors that cause varicose veins of the lower extremities is hypodynamics. Therefore, to prevent the disease or during its treatment, phlebologists prescribe special exercises for the lower extremities. Its type and intensity are selected taking into account the clinical picture of the disease, the location of the affected veins, the severity and the area of the injury. The focus of the gymnastic complex and its duration are also taken into account.
Regardless of the type of leg gymnastics for varicose veins, your goals are:
- Stimulates blood flow through the veins.
- Normalization of lymphatic flow.
- Increasing the tone of the muscle tissue of the lower extremities to improve their resistance.
- Stabilization of arterial flow.
- Restoration of venous tone.
- Improvement of the activity of the peripheral circulation.
In case of venous insufficiency, the most effective gymnastic complex is exercises with a gentle load. This rate of execution allows you to control the pressure on the veins, ensures the elimination of stagnation in the vessels. As a result, pain and discomfort in the legs are spontaneously eliminated.
The most effective exercises that are allowed at any stage of varicose veins include walking outdoors and classes in the pool. All permitted exercises developed by the therapist are performed in a horizontal or sitting position.
When developing a workout, it is important to know what exercises should not be done with varicose veins. It is strictly forbidden to perform a series of exercises, which include:
- Lift weights in an upright position.
- Strength training.
- Steppe lessons.
Selection of the correct set of allowed exercises is done exclusively by a phlebologist or exercise therapy instructor.
Gymnastics for varicose veins is a simple and affordable method to treat and prevent the disease. The complex does not require the presence of a specialized and professional team.
Exercise therapy for varicose veins
Conservative therapy for venous insufficiency is always complemented with physical therapy exercises. The gymnastic complex for varicose veins in this case is selected depending on the purpose of treatment:
- Reduce the severity of symptoms in the early stage of varicose veins.
- Pain relief.
- Prevention of the development of severe varicose veins, the treatment of which involves surgery.
- Prevention of pathology in people at risk.
Each type of gymnastic complex is marked with characteristic exercises with the greatest efficiency.
Exercise therapy to eliminate the signs of varicose veins in the first stage helps to stimulate the walls of the blood vessels, increase their tone and improve blood flow. The most effective exercises for varicose veins of the lower extremities in the initial stage include:
- Short morning runs on soft surfaces at a slow pace.
- Change the position of your feet while walking during the day. To do this, it is necessary to periodically clubfoot, unfold socks, walk on heels and toes.
- Range movements in the ankle and knee joints.
- When sitting in a chair for a long time, you should perform alternating twists to the sides of the gluteal muscles and not pass one leg over the other.
- Every day horizontal stretching exercises are performed at night.
- Before going to bed, it is necessary to raise the lower extremities with a support on the wall.
Exercise therapy complex for chronic varicose veins is not the main method of treatment, but its systematic implementation slows down the development of the disease and delays the formation of venous nodes.
Rehabilitologists recommend adding to exercises in the initial stage of varicose veins:
- Exercise bike.
- Alternate compression of the legs to the chest while lying down.
- Flexion and extension of the fingers.
- Walk in place without ripping off your socks.
- Vertical scissors.
- Works with the abdominal muscles.
- Raise and lower the buttocks with the legs raised.
- Vibration exercises.
- Stretch feet and hands.
For greater efficacy and to prevent the development of varicose vein complications, it is recommended to perform the complex twice daily.
Every workout should begin with a relaxing massage. Exercises are performed slowly and smoothly, sudden movements are excluded. The duration of the complex is at least 15 minutes.
The final stage of any exercise therapy complex is a contrast shower on the lower extremities with strong pressure. The duration of this manipulation is 10 minutes for each leg.
Preventive exercises for varicose veins in the legs
If you experience increased swelling, frequent seizures, and severe pain, you should stop these exercises immediately and return to preventive exercise therapy. This complex provides for the systematic implementation of the following exercises for varicose veins on the legs.
- Pulling the socks in different directions with minimum resistance and maximum amplitude.
- Synchronous or alternating semi-axis rotation of the feet.
- Perform these exercises grasping the inside of the foot, excluding muscle contraction in the leg.
- Gradual stretching of the leg muscles and ligaments touching the chest, nose, and ear with the thumb. If possible, place your foot on the back of your head.
- Remove the knee joint at chest level. In this case, it is necessary to grasp the ankle joint with both hands. Without releasing your grip on your hands, try to extend your knee joint to the maximum extent without lifting your foot off the ground.
Kneeling starting position:
- Spread the knee joints shoulder width apart and lower the gluteal muscles to the floor. In this position, sit for no more than 20 seconds. In the absence of pain and burning in the muscles, try to touch the ground with your shoulder blades. Finish the exercise by lifting your legs and lightly shaking your limbs.
- Straightening the knee joint, try to do the maximum forward lunge with the foot. If possible, it is recommended to sit on a string on each side.
- Standing with emphasis lying from the knees, pull on the toe and swing the leg back, alternating with wide movements to the sides, while the foot should be bent. Alternating 15 times for each section.
When choosing exercises for preventive exercise therapy for varicose veins, it is necessary to take into account the lifestyle of the person. The complex that is suitable for a person with high daily activity will not bring any benefit to a person with a passive lifestyle.
Charge for varicose veins in horizontal position:
- Raise the leg bent at the knee and up 10 times for each limb.
- Alternate flexion and extension of the legs at the knee joint with a slight push forward and toward yourself.
- Execution of longitudinal and transverse "scissors".
- Lifting the pelvis and leaning on the shoulder blades, perform longitudinal and transverse crossover amplitude oscillations.
- From the “birch” position, place your legs behind your head, touching the ground with your toes.
The systematic exercise of exercise therapy will not only improve the health of the veins and the intensity of the blood flow through them, but will also reduce the dystrophic changes in the soft tissues of the affected lower limb.
Vibratory gymnastics for varicose veins
One of the effective therapeutic methods for venous insufficiency is vibro-gymnastics. It helps to improve the condition of the blood vessels and prolongs the period of remission of the disease. It refers to moderate treatment and is recommended when rhythmic sports are prohibited.
It consists of two main complexes:
- Respiratory gymnastics.It is done immediately after waking up and before doing vibration exercises. Technique: stand on tiptoe, push the chest forward, breathe deeply, while trying to lower the air as low as possible. When done correctly, the belly should swell slightly. We hold our breath for 3 to 5 seconds and exhale the air with sudden and frequent jerks.
- Vibrational gymnastics.Starting position standing, with the arms stretched back along the body. Technique: lift the heels off the ground 1 cm, when exhaling we drop sharply to the ground. The exercise is repeated at least 60 times. Intensity 1 lift per second. Every 20 lifts, a 10-second break is taken.
Vibration gymnastics gives a positive therapeutic result only at the beginning of the development of varicose veins and is a highly effective preventive measure.
Exercise stimulates blood flow to the heart, which cleans the blood vessels. This process stimulates the restoration of the elasticity and tone of the venous walls and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Achieving a positive result during varicose vein training depends on the correctness and sequence of all elements. Therefore, the first classes should be held under the supervision of a doctor or instructor. It is also important to follow the technique of the exercise and the number of sets.