Varicose veins or varicose veins is a chronic disease. One of the features of varicose veins – varicose veins simultaneously the violation of a process of reflux of the blood and its stagnation in the venous system.
Varicose veins have symptoms, that may develop under the influence of a number of reasons. Can be specific to bumps, thick, sinuous, and of the large veins. Very often it happens, precisely the varicose veins of the lower extremities.
In the initial stages of the varicose disease is possible to dispense with the intervention and the use of other methods of treatment. This allows the patient to significantly improve the state and stop the progression of the disease. Treatment of varicose veins without surgery applied in case of surgical intervention, for some reason, is contraindicated.
Varicose veins – pathologic local extension of the lumen of the vein. It is most frequent in the vessels of the lower extremities. As a general rule, varicose veins occurs due to genetic predisposition, sedentary lifestyle, anatomical of violation of synchronization of the valves of the veins of the apparatus.
Varicose veins, considerably decreases the elasticity of the veins and the veins begin to expand. In the own veins are called dampers that regulate the permanent blood flow. If everything works correctly, there is no problem. In case of violation of work occurs varicose veins. The valve is normally left closed and stops the movement of blood to the heart. The pressure grows and pushes the blood thick veins are thinner vessels. The system of fine veins can not resist this pressure – it causes stretching and destruction.
Is very visible in the legs spider veins, which pose a serious aesthetic problem. Varicose veins progresses, subtle gradients of vienna are becoming more pronounced, they acquire a distinctive blue colour, thicken, and soon they appear nodules.
The causes of varicose veins
There are many reasons for varicose veins, increase the likelihood that the patient suffers from varicose veins:
- The genetic inheritance of close relatives who have had the veins varicosasom, the descendant can "take" from vienna, with special reference to the structure (the connective tissue weakness, the imperfection of the valves, etc..); and then, without the continued compliance of the measures of prevention that will most likely necessarily, sooner or later, it will become a patient with the diagnosis of "varicose veins in the feet".
- The fluctuations of the hormones of the most of them are affected by the woman (menopause, menstruation, pregnancy, etc), which explains the explicit gender of the selectivity of the disease; in addition, the risk of occurrence of varicose veins increases, and the treatment of the drugs – have been scientifically proven to contain female sex hormones and their substitutes, dramatically reduce the elasticity of the venous walls.
- Disorders of the nervous system, the stress, the depression, all of this leads to a decrease in the tone of the veins of the lower extremities;
- Pelvic inflammatory disease – not only do these processes can be caused by the imbalance of hormones., but they can also damage the small vienna;
- The low physical activity, with the time, vienna pinch, it alters the circulation of the blood, slowly lower the tone of the venous walls, and, finally, the blood begins to stagnate, and occurs varicose veins (today, the doctor was there even a term special – computer of varicose veins, is so great, the number of patients, the cause of the disease which has granted the work behind bright monitor).
- High physical loads – they are referred to in weight lifting, excess weight, pregnancy, work, associated with the length of the foot; in consequence, pressure increases in the veins, which threatens with the appearance of varicose veins;
- Flat feet;
- The habit of always walking in the incorrect shoes high heel;
- Constipation, increased pressure in the abdomen;
- A variety of injuries and diseases;
- Floor. The risk of occurrence of varicose veins in women is much higher.
- The structure of the body. Of varicose veins surgery often suffer from people of stature above the average.
The symptoms of varicose veins in the legs
To not miss the moment of occurrence of varicose veins in the legs, you must know the symptoms early and take appropriate actions.
The main symptoms of varicose veins in the legs:
- The appearance of pain in the legs, burning sensation in the veins, the sensation of heat;
- A certain heaviness in the legs (not to be confused with fatigue);
- The appearance of edema in the legs. The swelling is usually appear at night;
- Cramps in the legs at night;
- Notably the extension of the veins;
- The skin in the area of the shin acquires remarkable dark-colored. There is a seal and it is possible the occurrence of venous leg ulcers.
There are other symptoms of varicose veins:
- Can be demonstrations in the field of podkolennoy of the fovea or the entire back of the legs. If the legs are thick or there is an excess of hairiness, the manifestation of varicose veins is less visible;
- Vienna can be easily palpable. The defeat of the veins varicosasom may be wavy;
- Costs varicose veins may disappear, if the patient lay in a horizontal position and the raising of the leg. The vertical position of the body in vienna will be thicker;
- You feel unusual heaviness in the legs, dull pain of the nature, periodic seizures. The patient may complain of a slight burning sensation in the legs;
- The feet can swell, mainly in the field of the soft tissues.
We have previously presented the main symptoms of varicose veins. Varicose veins running, if not start the due treatment of varicose veins.
If the disease the disease progresses, symptoms may appear, such as varicose veins, such as:
- Indurate (of the board);
- The breach in the nutrition of the skin;
- The pigmentation of the skin in the legs;
- Ulcers trophic.
If there are third-party symptoms of varicose veins, such as fever, weakness, – it is said that varicose veins is in the stage of complications.
The consequences of varicose veins
Varicose veins is not just an aesthetic problem of the feet. This disease is capable of "beating" of the heart. Varicose veins delivery to be in serious trouble, and reduced quality of life. If there is no quality in the medical attention, of varicose veins will be serious complications, even death.
The consequences of varicose veins:
- The formation of blood clots, as a result of the stagnation of the blood in the veins;
- Detachment of a blood clot and occlusion of the vessel, which coincides with that of its diameter;
- Pulmonary embolism (a separate blood clot in the blood stream enters the pulmonary artery, which participates in the circulation of the blood by the small circle. If the diameter of a blood clot coincides with the diameter of the trunk of the artery, can occur sudden death.
- Ulcers (trophic or skin of the foot as a result of eating disorders (rape exists in relation to the circulation of the blood leads to the lack of oxygen in the tissue, which is the most important of the nutrition of the tissues of the body);
- The swelling of the different parts of the body as a result of the stagnation of the veins (which are soft, elastic, cyanotic color, your education does not depend on the time of day, often form on the area of the affected area);
- Contact Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin in the affected area), at the expense of eating disorders of this parcel;
- The change of color of the skin in the affected area of the parcel;
- The seal of the fat deposits in the area of the zone affected by the swelling.
The diagnosis of varicose veins
- Functional tests (definition of the feasibility of the veins and of their state of valves): Troyanova – trendelenburg, pratt, Shania and others. One of the most common of the sample Troyanova – trendelenburg with help of which the patient, while in a horizontal position, lifts the leg, in 450, the doctor makes the rubbing of the feet upwards, which drain the superficial veins), then a tourniquet on the upper part of the thigh and asks the patient to rise, in the standard filling of the veins of the leg must occur more than 15 seconds;
- Duplex ultrasound scanning of the veins more informative method to assess the blood flow in the vessel and see the glass;
- Doppler – method by which only evaluates the blood flow in this vessel;
- Venography – the introduction of contrast medium intravenously and the study of the x-ray of the work;
- Intravenous radiopharmaceutical and special surveillance of the device.
Treatment of varicose veins
A true treatment of varicose veins in the legs may depend on the degree of development of the disease. If it is only the initial stage, you can use the conservative treatments.
Conservative treatments varicose veins:
- The treatment of varicose veins of medications. This contraceptive pill, creams, ointments;
- Packs. The special use of compression clothing (stockings, bandages);
- Pneumonia massage. Uses an instrument capable of activating the blood circulation, improve trofiku fabrics and a lot to eliminate the negative symptoms of varicose veins;
- The sclerotherapy. Used when without the removal of the damaged veins can no longer do. In vienna you enter a medication able to weaken the sick of vessels, which afterwards disappear;
- Coagulation laser. The treatment of varicose veins of the lasers is one of the modern methods, which is carried out under local anesthesia. The results of the treatment with visible laser about a month;
- Physical therapy, namely the treatment of varicose veins with leeches. It is a method not conventional, but is quite popular.
Prevention of varicose veins
Prevention of varicose veins you need someone who has close family members (over the age of that generation) with such a disease. In addition, it is recommended that the preventive treatment of varicose veins in overweight people, pregnant women, as well as certain professions, where for a long time having to stand.
Lead an active lifestyle and more exercise. Especially helpful for hiking, stretch the legs, making them more resistant.
There are some recommendations that help to prevent the development of varicose veins:
- If the time is standing on your feet, periodically to exceed and bend the fingers of the feet;
- Workers (sedentary work) on a regular basis to put the feet up on the table. Thanks to this, you can improve the reflux of the blood from the veins of the lower extremities;
- If you use a small support for the foot, which can reduce the pressure on the legs in the seat;
- Periodically, lift the toes of the feet. You can relieve tension of the muscles of the leg and improve the flow of blood upward;
- Several times a day, do a workout of the whole body.
In addition, use a compression garment which helps a lot to the prevention of varicose veins.
If there is a slight degree of varicose veins, you should avoid the following:
- the use of shoes with high heels;
- the receipt of the contraceptives, which are able to worsen the situation;
- obesity and being overweight;
- the consumption of meat of sharp, salty, and fatty dishes;
- the use of heavy suitcases and carrier bags;
- the hair removal wax;
- long hot baths;
- the steam bath and sauna;
- smoking, drugs, alcohol;
- to self-medicate.