It is not always possible to prevent the development of varicose veins, but with the regular implementation of preventive measures, you can significantly reduce the risk of their occurrence.
For this, traditional medicine is used, since, unlike chemical drugs, they do not have a negative effect on the body. But there are a small number of contraindications, so you should first consult a doctor.
The importance of preventing varicose veins
Vascular disease leads to the appearance of a venous pattern in the legs, which makes a person feel uncomfortable in society. This characteristic of the pathology is very concerned by the female half of the population, because they want their legs to be perfect. Reddened skin, swelling, and swollen veins don't look aesthetically pleasing. At the same time, the girl feels unattractive and becomes irritable.
But moral distress is only a small problem with varicose veins. With the worsening of the course of the disease, a person develops severe pain, heaviness and cramps in the legs, which do not allow normal movement. A person loses his independence because he needs the constant help of his loved ones.
To avoid the occurrence of such problems, doctors recommend that men and women adhere to the rules for the prevention of varicose veins. In people at risk, they will help reduce the risk of developing pathology.
But prevention is also important for patients who have already been diagnosed with varicose veins. Folk remedies used during the treatment period will increase their effectiveness and prevent the occurrence of dangerous complications:
- Deep vein thrombosis;
- trophic ulcer;
Varicose veins of the lower extremities can spread to the pelvic organs. In this case, men can develop varicocele, which becomes the cause of infertility.
In women, complications of vascular pathology can adversely affect the course of pregnancy. In severe cases, doctors even advise stopping it.
The importance of prevention lies in preventing mental and physical discomfort, as well as preventing the development of complications that can lead to death.
Recipes based on medicinal plants are easy to prepare on your own, therefore such prevention is carried out at home at any convenient time. First, you need to consult with a therapist and conduct an allergy test, which allows you to identify the presence of an individual intolerance to the chosen folk remedy.
For oral administration
To strengthen the walls of blood vessels and improve blood circulation in them, it is recommended to use the following tinctures and decoctions:
- horse chestnut. 100 g of flowers are poured into 1 liter of alcohol. The tool is insisted for 2 weeks in a dark cool place, shaking occasionally. 1 teaspoon tinctures are added to a glass of pure water and drunk before meals 3 r. per day;
- nettle. The broth is prepared by making 2 teaspoons. crushed leaves 250 ml of boiling water. They drink it in 1 tablespoon. l. 2 P. per day for 2 weeks;
- rue. 50 g of a dry plant are poured with 250 ml of alcohol and it is insisted for 14 days. The resulting product is filtered through gauze and consumed on an empty stomach, 15 drops each, diluting them in a glass of water;
- ground nutmeg (1 tsp) is poured with boiling water (250 ml) and consumed in the form of tea with the addition of 1 tsp. honey 1 hour before meals;
- 1 tablespoon. l. chopped leaves and hazelnut bark pour 250 ml of boiling water. Use the remedy 3 r. per day, 150 ml for 3 months.
Raw buckwheat also has a strengthening property. It is ground to a powdery state and 1 tablespoon is eaten daily on an empty stomach. l. the resulting cereal, washed down with water.
When using nutmeg products, be aware of its toxicity. The daily dose should not exceed 1 teaspoon.
You can increase the elasticity and firmness of the blood vessels with the help of compresses and rubbing:
- Finely chopped Kalanchoe leaves are poured with alcohol in a 1: 1 ratio. Insist on the remedy for 2 weeks, and then rub the legs with it every day before bedtime;
- 2-3 unpeeled garlic cloves are rubbed on a fine grater and mixed with butter in a 1: 2 ratio. The compress is applied at night;
- freshly collected chestnut leaves are crushed to a soft mass, which is applied to the legs for 8-10 hours, wrapping the legs with a bandage;
- Apple vinager. It should be made with fruit juice or store bought. In the evening or in the morning, it should take 30 minutes. wrap your legs with a cloth dipped in undiluted vinegar. Put a film and a warm scarf on top. The legs should remain in an elevated position (on a pillow) throughout the procedure.
When buying apple cider vinegar, look at its ingredients. If it contains acetic acid and apple flavor, it won't work.
It is recommended to use the external remedies for 1-1. 5 months and then take a break for 2-4 weeks.
Recipes for the treatment of varicose veins
In folk medicine, there are recipes that alleviate the symptoms of the disease and accelerate the healing process:
- Aloe juice, honey, crushed laundry soap, ichthyol ointment, lard, Vishnevsky ointment, and onion juice are mixed in equal proportions, and the resulting mass is heated to body temperature. Then it is applied to the affected veins for 10 hours and the legs are wrapped in polyethylene, warming them over with a warm scarf or blanket. The course of treatment includes 20 daily procedures;
- The green clay is diluted with water to a creamy consistency. The product is applied to a clean cloth and wrapped around the sore leg, fixing it with a bandage. After 40-60 minutes. the compress is removed. The manipulation is done by 1 r. one day every other day for 2-3 months;
- 8 tbsp. L. The dried and crushed acacia flowers are poured with 200 ml of vodka and the product is allowed to infuse in a container with a closed lid for 10 days. Filter the finished tincture and rub it well into the affected areas. After that, the legs should take 30 minutes. be in an elevated position. The procedure is performed daily for 3 months;
- In a bucket filled with 10 liters of cold water (not less than 20 degrees), add 0. 5 liters of apple cider vinegar and lower your feet there for 7 minutes. Baths should be done every night for 2-3 months.
Treatment with folk remedies is carried out after prior consultation with a doctor. If the general condition worsens, you must stop.
Nutrition and Diet
The main principle of prevention is considered to be compliance with the rules of a balanced diet. If you belong to a risk group or have been diagnosed with varicose veins, you should exclude the following foods from the menu:
- smoked meats;
- flour and confectionery products;
- fatty meats and fish;
- semi-finished products;
- high-fat dairy products;
Carbonated and alcoholic beverages are prohibited. It is also recommended to limit the consumption of coffee, cocoa and rose hip, which have a diuretic effect.
The diet should be enriched with the following foods:
- fruits with a high content of vitamin C (citrus fruits, kiwi);
- cherries, cherries, and garlic help reduce the viscosity of the blood;
- remove excess fluid from the body gooseberries, strawberries, gooseberries;
- vegetables and herbs;
- vegetable oil;
- low-fat dairy products;
- cereals will increase the supply of fiber in the body;
- lean meats and fish.
Food can be served boiled, stewed or steamed. It is also necessary to control the volume of liquid consumed, on which the viscosity of the blood depends.
The purpose of the diet is to normalize the metabolism and eliminate stagnation that causes excess weight, hormonal disturbances and the development of inflammatory diseases. Such violations over time lead to the development of varicose veins.
It is important for men and women to pay attention to the prevention of vascular pathologies, since their untimely treatment leads to life-threatening complications. The use of folk remedies will help reduce the risk of developing pathology in the safest way for the body and improve the general condition of the body.